Drupal Answers is a Stack Exchange site for questions about using, administering, and extending Drupal.
If your question is about one of the following topics, you're in the right place!
- Drupal development/theming how-tos
- Site troubleshooting
- Site-building how-tos
- Support questions for specific modules that aren't about bug workarounds
- Drupal terminology or jargon
However, there are few exceptions to the general scope. Please refrain from asking about the following topics as questions with these core subjects are generally closed.
- Recommendations for hosting
- Recommendations or suggestions on books, tools, modules, themes, distributions, tutorials, or other off-site resources
- Comparing Drupal with other CMS's, blog software, or similar software
- Requests for writing code from scratch
- Building a site from scratch
- Implementing a functionality or a layout seen in a site, for which just a description of the feature, a screenshot, or a link is provided
- Issues found in existing modules/themes
- Issues about drupal.org, or any of its sub-domains
Questions are acceptable as long as they require specific Drupal expertise to be answered. Does the answer change if you use WordPress instead of Drupal? The question is on-topic for Drupal Answers.
If the question is about code you wrote, for which you want to write better code, or you want to understand why it doesn't work, show the code you are using, or at least the part of the code that is relevant for the question. Questions that are substantially about code, where code is not shown, are possibly closed.
Bugs found on modules, Drupal itself, or Drupal.org (and its sub-domains) should be reported in the appropriate issue queue on Drupal.org.
Security issues should be reported following the process defined on How to report a security issue with Drupal core, contrib or Drupal.org.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Drupal Answers, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. For example:
- If the question is from professional and enthusiast webmasters focused on how to operate websites, consider asking it on Pro Webmasters
- If the question is asking for recommendations of software ready-to-use to accomplish a particular task, consider asking it on Software Reccomendations
- If the question is about server configuration, consider asking it on Server Fault, as long as the question is about managing computer systems in a professional capacity
- If the question is about user experience, consider asking it on User Experience
For further help, see also What types of questions should I avoid asking?