What topics can I ask about here?
Drupal Answers is a Stack Exchange site for project managers, themers, developers, site-builders, administrators, and businesses using or thinking about using the Drupal CMS.
If your question is about one of the following topics, you're in the right place to ask your question!
- Drupal theory questions
- Server administration/deployment
- Support questions for specific modules that are not about bugs workarounds
- Drupal development/theming how-tos
- Site troubleshooting
- Site-building how-tos
- Community involvement
However, a few exceptions to the general scope exist. Please refrain from asking about the following topics as questions with these core subjects are generally closed or deleted.
- Comparison between Drupal and other CMS's, blog software, or similar software
- Requests for tutorials and other online resources
- Requests for writing code from scratch
- Building a site from scratch
- Implementing a functionality or a layout seen in a site, for which just a description of the feature, a screenshot, or a link is provided
- Issues found in existing modules/themes
- Issues about drupal.org, or any of its sub-domains
- Recommendations for hosting
- Recommendations or suggestions on books, tools, modules, themes, distributions, tutorials, or other off-site resources
Questions are acceptable as long as they require specific Drupal expertise to be answered. Does the answer change if you use WordPress instead of Drupal? The question is on-topic for Drupal Answers.
If the question is about code you wrote, for which you want to write better code, or you want to understand why it doesn't work, show the code you are using, or the part of the code that is relevant for the question. Questions that are substantially about code, where code is not shown, are possibly closed.
Bugs found on modules, Drupal itself, or Drupal.org (and its sub-domains) should be reported in the appropriate issue queue on Drupal.org.
Security issues should be reported following the process defined on How to report a security issue with Drupal core, contrib or Drupal.org.
If your question is not specifically on-topic for Drupal Answers, it may be on topic for another Stack Exchange site. For example:
- If the question is about server configuration, consider asking it on Server Fault, as long as the question is about managing computer systems in a professional capacity
- If the question is about user experience, consider asking it on User Experience
For further help, see also What types of questions should I avoid asking?