Apart from what I mention in the title, there are also a couple of other things that give me the impression that they may be related to the same issue:
- Can’t add link to any menu from admin/structure/menu/manage/my-menu/add. What does happen when I try to add a link to any menu is that it ends up in the Navigation menu that comes OOTB.
- Can’t assign any menu to taxonomy menu. Having
taxonomy_menuenabled, I noticed that when configuring the vocabulary via admin/structure/taxonomy/gamma/edit there is no possiblity to assign any menu as taxonomy menu. The only option in the drop-down list is
There is also A list of modules on which I did this series of events: disabled the module, cleared cache, checked if the problem persisted (which it obviously did), and enabled the module again:
Here is the list:
Mysite configurator (custom)
Store locator (custom)
Taxonomy menu _ custom paths
Backup and Migrate
Needless to say the core Menu module is enabled.
Went looking on the internet, found this issue (https://drupal.org/node/358844) on drupal.org but this was drupal6 plus the big problem there was that the everything menu related seemed to be missing. The solution there was that menu permission weren’t right, which I have verified on my site that they are ok.