I am needing some additional power for my Features. I have several modules that have their own settings (like css injector... yeah, I know) which do not appear in teh list of items that can be saved within a feature. I have been told that Strongarm offers a good way to include additional configuration within a feature (above and beyond what Features can normally store.) I have also heard talk of another module that is (commonly?) used with Features which improves its ability to store and transfer configurations. I can not remember the name of this other module. Could someone point me in the right direction?
Many modules store their settings in variables, that's what Strongarm is good for : it can help you export those variables with features.
My usual way of finding out which variable to export (and exporting it) :
- see the source HTML of the form where you set the values
- in the "name" attribute you will most often find the name of the variable
- use drush vget *that_variable* to check if it exists
drush vgetis useful because it searches all variables that have a name similar to the string you provide, so sometimes you can do some testing to see other variables that could be useful
- if you confirm the name of the variable, put it into the feature's info file
features[variable] = that_variable
- run drush fu your_feature
- this will export the variable's value
The other module you heard off might have been Features Extra. Me personally i don't find it that useful anymore.