1

I am working in a multilingual website (French, English, German) with french as default language.

enter image description here

Then I installed the module internationalization + field translation.

Globally, everything works fine. The translate interface is do its job. The issue comes with field labels.

I setup all fields (more than 300) in french language, so the client would be able to translate the labels in english + german through the translate interface (admin/config/regional/translate/translate). Apparently the problem is that Drupal detects field labels as being in english language, instead french as expected.

enter image description here

For example in this picture, you can see that label "surface en m2" is detected as an english text.

This is weird because when I am in edit form page, the content seems detected as french (original text).

enter image description here

Anyone was confronted to this issue?

Thanks

  • 1
    Could you try settings language source for string translations in i18n? In the menu - Configuration » Regional and language » Multilingual settings » Strings and then "String Translation source language" – Pontus Nilsson Jun 4 '14 at 12:53
  • This did solve the problem for me (setting it to English). But the behavior is still inconsistent, and I would consider it a bug. Probably already known and reported, I just don't know what to search for. – donquixote Jun 17 '14 at 17:46
  • indeed this is a bug linked to the Token module. here is the patch drupal.org/node/2474403 (commited in the -dev version) – xaa Jan 7 '16 at 9:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.