Installed Location Module, enabled it, together with Location Search, Location Taxonomy, Node Locations and Location CCK. Also, imported list of zipcodes for my location (gb) into database.
Next I created Content Type ‘secodnary school’ with School Location field, containing Address ,Postal Code, City, Country, and Latitude and Longitude fields.
Then I created 3 pieces of content – namely 3 local schools (to start with) with their addresses and lat/long info.
Finally, I tried to create a view that will contain the above list of secondary schools, sorted by their proximity to the given location and to connect it to a different piece of content (page) that holds the location info (address, postcode, latitude/longitude) of different (X,Y,Z) locations. X, Y, Z (…) are pieces of content (pages) of XYZ content type that among other things contain their individual location info.
So I need my new view (lets call it distance_sec_schools) to pick up location info from it’s host (XYZ) content (hint: I tried to configure CONTEXTUAL FILTER – content NID to provide content ID from URL – but it didn’t do the trick) and then provide me with the distances to 3 local schools, which I will then sort by proximity criteria.
Take a look at the screenshots of my view and Location: Distance / Proximity - Field Settings (framed red) and Filter (framed blude), which I suspect might be where my problem lies.
At the moment, my view produces a table with the school names but without the distances.