I have been working on a Drupal 7 site on localhost (via WAMP) for some time now. Recently I wanted to migrate this website onto a new machine and continue working on it there. The steps I took:
- I exported the MySQL database (SQL file)
- I did a copy of the entire website (everything in the "www" directory)
- I installed WAMP on the new machine
- I pasted the entire website into the new "www" directory
- I imported the previous database through PHPMyAdmin
Now when I go to localhost the website appears as per on the old machine, but when I try to log in using the previous user accounts it does not work. Specifically, when I type the username and password into the login form and hit the login button, nothing seems to happen. The loading icon appears in the tab but then the fields simply get emptied; there is no message saying incorrect log in details or anything, even if I use login details that I know aren't correct.
In the database the user accounts are clearly there, along with all of the other content. If I click on any links to the previous content I get taken to the content without any issues. Any suggestions on what could be going wrong here?