I am running on Windows 7 Enterprise and have done to following to set up my site:
- Downloaded and installed Virtual Box VirtualBox-4.3.18-96516-Win.exe
- Downloaded and installed vagrant_1.6.5.msi
- Downloaded vdd-8.x-1.0-alpha4.zip
- Extracted the zip file and copied the vdd folder to /Test so I have /Test/vdd as my vdd directory
- opened a command prompt and went to /Test/vdd
- Ran vagrant up and it seemed to work.
- Accessed the vm by using vagrant ssh
- Changed permission on all directories to 777 (i.e. chmod -R 777 sites and I verified that all directories are 777)
- The drupal7 directory did not have a setting.php file. I copied default.setting.php from default directory to the drupal7 directory and named it settings.php.
- Also copied settings.php to default directory so default has both settings.php and default.settings.php
Now when I run
drush @drupal7 site-install -y I get the following:
Command site-install needs a higher bootstrap level to run - you will need to invoke drush from a more functional Drupal environment to run this command. The drush command 'site-install' could not be executed. The directory /var/www/drupal8 does not contain a valid Drupal installation
A couple of things worthy to note is that my drupal7 directory has no files other than settings.php.
I don't know if that is the way it is supposed to be.
mysql is up and running. If I run
mysql -u root -proot it connects to the db.
I am assuming apache and php are working because 192.168.44.44 returns the proper landing page.