I face a problem in multisite with Drupal 7.34. I'm using windows 7 Os. The steps that I followed are:
1. Create a database for all sites : create db of all sites test_db, trial1_db and trial2_db.
2. Install Drupal : I installed the drupal 7.34 as usual and name it test.
3. Tell Windows and Apache about the multiple sites : Open Windows 'hosts' file in a text editor. Which is typically in /system32/drivers/etc/hosts. And add following lines:
127.0.0.1 test 127.0.0.1 trial1 127.0.0.1 trial2
Now in httpd-vhosts.conf file, which is located in c:/xampp/apache/conf/extra. I append these lines at end of the file:
NameVirtualHost *:80 <VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs" ServerName localhost </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/test" ServerName test </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/test" ServerName trial2 </VirtualHost> <VirtualHost *:80> DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/test" ServerName trial3 </VirtualHost>
and make sured that these are not commented in httpd.conf.
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf
4. Create directories for the sub-sites: Navigate to c:/xampp/htdocs/test/sites and create the directories 'trial1' and 'trial2'. And copy the default-settings.php file to each directory and rename it to settings.php. And also set the permission of these file. I mean these files are not readonly.
5. Install the sub-sites : In an open browser, navigate to
But here I got "Object Not Found!".
I followed the these links also.