What I have:
- Drupal 7.0
- PHP 5.2
- IIS 6.0
- SQL server Enterprise Manager 2003
- SQL server 2000 running on local system(my database is on the same system.)
- Windows Server 2003.(makes any difference?)
I am using VPN to connect to the production system.(relevant?)
- I have added the Microsoft SQL Drivers 2.0 to the php/ext folder.
- I have added the sqlsrv module to the database\includes as well.
Got the option to install Drupal to sql server which was the only option by default in this case (got a message that my server does not support multiple databases hence sql server was selected by default).
I have the following fields available to me in the database setup:
The values I have entered are in :
- database type:radio button (selected by default--microsoft SQL server)
- database name: [database_name]
- database user name: [user_name]
- database password: [password]
- hostname: [localhost]
- port: blank
- prefix: blank
I get an
SQLState:SQL server native client [10.0] error: can't login.
what are the possible reason for not being able to connect?