I understand that there is already I want to get a Mobile version of my drupal site working about setting up a mobile website, but I'm still having such a hard time figuring out what to do. I'm a newbie in web development in general. I was hoping that I'd get some more handholding here.
I'm a Lunarpages customer, which uses LPCP (instead of CPanel). I've created the m.example.com subdomain for the mobile site, but I haven't created any redirection. Some CPanels apparently let me setup the redirection through it, but not LPCP.
Following the instructions on some random blog I found, I set up new folders in my Drupal's "sites" folder. My "sites" folder currently looks like the following:
- default (and all its contents)
- all (and all its contents)
- settings.php (copied from default)
- settings.php // copied from default, but with the theme_default line modified
$conf = array( 'site_name' => 'My Drupal site', 'theme_default' => 'zen', 'anonymous' => 'Visitor', );
- installed Drupal's Mobile Tools,
- set the mobile url to http://m.mydomain.com/fullsite
- set the desktop url to http://mydomain.com/fullsite
- enabled "automatic redirection of the mobile user" under "redirection options"
- chosen a different node as frontpage for my mobile visitors under "additional settings"
- Under "Theme Switching", chosen "Switch theme based on the URL"
But accessing my site from my mobile device, here's what I'm seeing:
- Going to m.mydomain.com/mysite = "Not found. The reqeuested URL /mysite/ was not found in the server"
- m.mydomain.com/mysite/node/somenode = "Not found. The reqeuested URL /mysite/ was not found in the server"
- mydomain.com/mysite = "Cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred".
Am I even on the right track here? Do I have to do a new Drupal install on my m.mydomain.com/mysite for this? I was under the impression that I could just get m.mydomain.com/mysite to get its data from the main drupal site, and display the contents with a mobile theme. Is this true?
I'm pulling my hair out over this (Well, not literally. I'm actually bald)! Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.