I know this can be done through jQuery alone, but I'm interested in knowing if there any Drupal 7 ways of achieving this:
I want to use AJAX to serve all non-admin pages on my site. Also I don't want it to just replace parts of a page, but load entire pages over AJAX. The AJAX Framework allows loading partial contents over AJAX based on various triggers. But I want to make a URL based navigation system.
Here are the things I want to accomplish:
- Redirect http://example.com/node/1 to http://example.com/#!/node/1. So search engines can index the node normally.
- Drupal reads the string from URL (node/1) and fetches the relevant string in json format.
- Insert the resulting data into page and replace existing content.
- Refreshes blocks that should appear on the corresponding page.
- Refreshes title in browser (optional).
- Needs to work with Panels.
If I create a new module, what functions and/or frameworks in Drupal can I use to make this work?