I was wondering if you can provide, with drupal core or any module, a double opt-in registration process.
Ideally, users who fill out a register form should receive an email with an opt-in activation link. Clicking that link, confirming their email, would it trigger the standard functionality of awaiting admin approval.
I tried LoginToBoggan but I'm pretty sure it does not provide double opt-in.
Is this implemented somewhere?
Edit: to prevent confusion: I know Drupal provides double opt-in for an "active user", but not for the registration itself. I would like users to verify that they want to register. Ideally:
- Visitor enters their email to register
- Visitor gets an email which he has to verify
- After the link is clicked, the user gets created
How it currently is:
- Visitor enters their email to register -> Blocked user gets created!
- Either admin approves or user has to "double opt-in"