There is a
taxonomy_term_data table and there is a
taxonomy_term_hierarchy table. Why are there 2 tables, instead of them being combined?
- description of table: Stores the hierarchical relationship between
- field: tid: 'Primary Key: the taxonomy_term_data.tid of the term'
- field: parent: 'Primary Key: The taxonomy_term_data.tid of the term's parent. 0 indicates no parent.'
- description of table: Stores term information.
- fields: vid, name, description, format, weight
Question motivation I am the maintainer of the draggableviews module. Currently module is using just 1 table. Going forward, the module's goal is to mimic taxonomy structure. Tried to search the web for an answer but could not find one.