With further to my earlier question regarding Services for Products, I have implemented as per the suggestions:
Following are the components:
- Service Vendors - The individual or the Person who would provide service for an order request
- Rating and Review - Fivestar rating and Editable text field added as fields for Commerce Order.
I am facing the following problems:
- In order for user to rate and provide a review on the order I would have to expose the Order as editable for authenticated user which would let the user to edit all other order attributes. The fivestar rating module, allows rating the star without edit privilege but the review - (editable textfield) requires edit privileges on Order entity for the user. I have tried to use Field Permissions to limit edit access only to these 2 fields but with no success!
- I am providing Voting and Review operations on Order because the Line items can be configured only in "Add to cart" form. Hence, I would have to limit a single order to contain only 1 line item type (which can contain multiple products / services of the same type). How can I achieve this?
- As against the accepted answer here I am planning to create an order request when user needs it and then later update the price (also quantity in line item) after the service quotation actually takes place. Is there a way to edit the order to accommodate this functionality?
PS: I would need the rating module to be applied on Order (or Line item) because unlike regular E-Commerce this does not deal with product, it is service oriented. There is a possibility that different vendors can provide service for each order of same type, hence I will have to associate the rating and review system with either Order or Line Item and then pick up the average rating of a particular vendor who has serviced different orders in the past.
Also, if there are any better ways of achieving the same kindly let me know.