I'm creating a calendar in D7 using an Event content type, which will include a Private checkbox. If it's set:
- Users with the appropriate permission will see the node title as it was entered.
- Everybody else will see "Private event" as the node title.
How would you approach this? (A code-based solution is fine.) Immediate concerns are ensuring "Private title" gets substituted in regular node displays, views -- and also pathauto URLs. Thanks!
Edit -- Alternate strategy:
- Leave the node title alone (as "Private event" if the event is private), which will enable desired pathauto functionality without any changes.
- Add a "private title" text field. This is where admin users would enter the actual name of the event, for internal reference.
- On display, if the current user has admin permissions, alter the node title to display the private title value.
This seems like it would be a much simpler strategy. What do you think?