This same question was asked many times, but for now I didn't find any help in the responses.
Then after successfully getting permission, I first wanted to simply promote my sandbox to a full project according to these instructions, but for some reason editing my sandbox page never showed me the "Promote" tab.
So I decided to create a full project from scratch, then I followed its "Version control" tab documentation to create and populate the corresponding repository: compared to the sandbox's one, you can see that it only contains the
(this file is not the "true" myModule's info file: it was created in the earlier steps prescribed by the above doc).
Once successfully pushed this and added a "7.x-1.0" tag as also prescribed, I locally copied all my real files from sandbox to full-project directory,
git-added them and
Then from now on, any
git push origin 7.x-1.0 simply returns "Everything up-to-date", and obviously nothing is updated in the DrupalGit repository.
I looked at many posts and docs, in the Drupal community and elsewhere, tried a lot of more or less serious methods.
I even dropped all files but
myModule.info from my local repository: pushing this committed situation also returns "Everything up-to-date", and indeed the same after bringing them again.
I could observed something weird when clicking the
myModule.info file to display its contents:
- in the sandbox repository it appears formatted with line numbers, as expected, and clicking "plain" displays its raw content
- but in the full project repository it displays in hexdump mode, And clicking "plain" causes its download to be proposed!
This clearly means that the file in a somewhat strange state, and midht be significative... but not for me at the moment :-)