I am building a site which allows users to upload handwritten images and transcribe them. Ideally, I would like if there were a text box type of module which updated the default value of the box each time it was written to.
- Text box is created: "Default text"
- Alice updates text box: "Alice was here!"
- Text box now reads "Alice was here!" to all users.
- Bob updates text box to "Alice was here! And bob!"
Is it possible to do something like this using modules? If so - which?
The page layout will look something like this:
[ Slide show ] [ Transcription box ] [ Comments ]
Ideally it would have the following functionality:
- The image must appear on the page alongside the text editor (I had a WYSIWYG in mind but haven't been able to crack it yet)
- Version control for text
- Load 'default text'
- Saving would overwrite the 'default text'
Is it possible to embed the transcription box in to the page? It is important that the user is able to view the image while editing the text box.