I can't get views tabs to work in D8, following the exact UI procedure that does work in D7.
To be more precise, in D8 at /mypage I see no tabs at all, and at /mypage/tab2 and /mypage/tab3 I do see tabs "tab2" and tab3" but no "MyDefaultTab".
In D7, I see all 3 tabs when viewing any of the 3 URLs.
The following procedure works to create a Views page with tabs in D7 on simplytest.me, but does not work for D8 beta 15:
- Manage > Structure > Views > Add new view
- View name = "Myview"; Show "Content" of type "all"; save and edit.
- Add page display; name="MyPage"; path = "mypage"; menu = "Normal menu entry" with menutitle ="MyPage" and parent="" (its default value) and weight=0;
- Add page display; name="MyDefaultTab"; path="mypage/defaulttab"; menu = "Default menu tab" with menutitle ="DefaultTab" and parent menu item ="Already exists";
- Add page display; name="tab2"; path="mypage/tab2"; menu="Menu tab" with menutitle="Tab2" and parent ="" (its default value) and weight=0.
- Add page display; name="tab3"; path="mypage/tab3"; menu="Menu tab" with menutitle="Tab3" and parent ="" (its default value) and weight=0.
Is this a D8 bug, or am I missing something?
Things I have tried (all made no difference, good or bad):
- Selecting "MyPage" (the non default but sensible seeming value) in the "parent" drop down for tab2 and tab3 (there are more menu options available in D8 than D7).
- Selecting "Normal menu item" instead of "Already exists" for the parent menu item of the default tab.
- Configuration > Performance > Clear All Caches