In my content I have a select list text field. I have four options for that. While clicking only particular one in select list and giving click save. Then I want to generate mail to users.For example: I have select list fields like born, dead, live, none... while user selects born and goes to click save. I want to send a mail for administrator.
go to /admin/config/workflow/rules/reaction/add
1) Name: Give the rule whatever name you want.
2) React on even: (Under Node) Select After Saving New Content
Restrict by type: select Cage Card Info
Now you're taken to a new page
3) Under Conditions, click on Add Condition.
4) In the drop down, select TEXT COMPARISON
5) Click on the Blue Link that says (DATA SELECTORS)
6) Look for your field, if you named it "warnings", then look for node:field-warnings
then highlight it, copy and paste it under Data Selector*
7) Under Matching Text put New litter
Then click SAVE
8) Under Actions, click add action
scroll all the way down, under system, select mail
9) Under TO, put [site:mail] OR firstname.lastname@example.org (if you don't have access to your websites e-mail inbox)
Then fill out the subject and message fields, click save.
You're done, now go and test it.
Side Note 1:
I figured why the e-mail was not being set. I was trying email@example.com instead of putting firstname.lastname@example.org as the websites admin e-mail in
"under Configuration/Site Information under "Site Details" you MUST insert an email address from your domain, and then the email works."
Side Note 2: seems like e-mails get sent after running cron. So you wont see the e-mail until cron runs. See Mail is sending after a cron run