When using a stub make file based profile workflow as suggested in Drush Make theory for happy profile development I notice that patches to core are no longer applied.
I've tested this by reverting to a single make file workflow - core patches get applied just fine that way.
Has anyone else found a fix/workaround for this?
UPDATE with details...
Here's what my stub make file looks like:
api = 2 core = 7.x projects = drupal projects[example_profile][download][type] = "git" projects[example_profile][download][url] = "firstname.lastname@example.org:danohea/example-profile.git" projects[example_profile][type] = "profile"
Which as you can see is designed to go grab a custom profile. I should mention that that is not the real path to the profile (which is a private repo anyway).
The profile contains a further make file that looks a bit like this (shortened for convenience):
api = 2 core = 7.x ; Contrib modules (not in dev) ; Specify common subdir of "contrib" defaults[projects][subdir] = "contrib" projects[admin_menu][version] = 3 projects[ctools][version] = 1 projects[diff][version] = 3 projects[eck][version] = 2 projects[entity][version] = 1 projects[jquery_update][version] = 3 projects[libraries][version] = 2 projects[link][version] = 1 projects[module_filter][version] = 2 projects[pathauto][version] = 1 projects[token][version] = 1 projects[transliteration][version] = 3 projects[views][version] = 3 ; Contrib modules (in dev) projects[wysiwyg][version] = 2.x-dev ; Keep in dev until this issue makes it to stable: ; https://drupal.org/node/1956778 ; Themes projects[omega][version] = 4 projects[omega][subdir] = "contrib" ; Libraries ; ckeditor libraries[ckeditor][download][type] = file libraries[ckeditor][download][url] = http://ckeditor.com/builder/download/a63002d0b001ab7841c8e29bb8081e57 ; Patches ; drupal ; Ignore front end vendor folders to improve directory search performance projects[drupal][patch] = https://www.drupal.org/files/issues/optimize_scan-2329453-84-do-not-test.patch ; pathauto ; Merge in pathauto_persist module functionality to prevent losing manual aliases with node_save() calls projects[pathauto][patch] = https://www.drupal.org/files/issues/merge_in-936222-299.patch
The stub make file is run with a command that looks a bit like this:
drush make --prepare-install path/to/stub.make -y
I'm running Drush version 7.0.0.
Note that there are 2 patches, one for drupal core and one for pathauto. The pathauto one is applied as expected, the drupal one doesn't seem to even run.
If I download & run the profile's make file directly (i.e. not via the stub) then the core patch is applied as expected.
If I move the drupal core patch to the stub make file, it still doesn't run.