I'm trying to figure out how to debug the following behavior and would appreciate some ideas on how to track down the source of the problem.
I run a website were some users have privileges to create and edit nodes and taxonomy terms.
Upon creating content or taxonomy terms, users report that, on occasion, content is created 3 times, for both entity types.
What steps can I take to find the culprit for this behavior knowing that...?
- I have made sure users only click the submit button once, but that hasn't made any difference.
- Both Drupal and PHP error logs are clean. I can see 3 logged messages confirming content has been triplicated but nothing else.
- It only happens in live environment. I haven't been able to reproduce it in development environment
- It happens randomly. Users have reported this only happens ocasionally.
- When this happens, any rules that react to the condition 'After saving node ...' or 'After updating node...' are also fired 3 times