New Drupal Developer here.
I am currently working on a inventory management module for a friend. And I ran into a bit of a snag with Custom Entities in Drupal 8.
I have a custom "Customer" entity content type which stores various bits of information about the customer, first name, last name, a number which we assign each customer, etc...
When I added a new field post-module-install, after running update.php, cron, etc... The new field was never added to the existing SQL table.
I am wondering if there is something I'm missing, like a way to force update the database without having to manually add the new table.
Here is the new field I added.
$fields['l_number'] = BaseFieldDefinition::create('string') ->setLabel(t('L#')) ->setDescription(t('The Customer\'s L Number.')) ->setSettings(array( 'default_value' => '', 'max_length' => 8, 'text_processing' => 0, )) ->setDisplayOptions('view', array( 'label' => 'above', 'type' => 'string', 'weight' => -7, )) ->setDisplayOptions('form', array( 'type' => 'string', 'weight' => -7, )) ->setDisplayConfigurable('form', TRUE) ->setDisplayConfigurable('view', TRUE);