Drupal 8 has extended the View Modes concept to Form modes
- Is it possible to assign a role to both "View Modes" and "Form Modes"?
- How does one assign a mode both view mode or form mode to be shown at a particular place ? Say I wish to Full content view mode shown at certain page and Teaser view mode show in a block at another location. Similarly I want form mode A show during create and form B during edit.
For example there is a content type with following Fields
- Title : displayed publicly, editable by author
- Body : displayed publicly, editable by author
- Project code : Not displayed publicly, displayed and editable by author
- System code : only visible/editable by admin
Essentially this could be an interesting and performant way to implement field permissions. The field permissions module has no port for Drupal 8 yet.