I have recently worked on a site for a client and worked on an acquia devdesktop to make changes on a Windows machine. The production site is on a linux server and I am trying to deploy the site on a digital ocean ubuntu server running nginx. For some reason my file and folder permission are completely messed up. I have gotten the site to the point where some images show up, but my themes and content are still behaving strangely. I followed what I thought was the procedure:
- Set up a clean installation.
- Migrate the database
- copy the sites folder
- run the update script
I ran though a series of issues with folder permissions, and was able to squash most of the bugs. I don't get any meaningful to me warnings in the admin/status/reports, and near as I can tell I've tried to follow the correct permissions for files and folders.
site --> 775 site/default -->775 site/default/files --> 775
UPDATE: So, I guess part of the issue had to do with an .htaccess file htaccess file issues, but I still had a mess of warnings regarding the folder and ownership permissions. I guess the environments are really unfriendly to one another. This a big site with 85+ modules enabled. The annoying part is that I could only piece together the diagnoses from the php warnings. I finally hit a wall a WSOD.