Overall goal: If a node has not been commented on in an in a given time frame, send an email.
Here is a bare bones solution. On paper this should work.
Basically, we use sticky as the tell tell sign if a new comment has been added (if it's not sticky, no one has commented). Once the e-mail gets sent, we set node to unsticky.
1) Create a rule after saving new comment.
- Add Action: Under Node, Make Content Sticky >> comment:node
Then it's very similar to my answer to your question Rules Conditions
being evaluated after schedule time
Create a New Component
1) Add Compotent of Rule.
2) For Data Type: select Node. Name, Label and Machine name use
whatever you want.
3) Add condition of Content is of type
- For Data Selector: put your Node Data Type machine name. Ex: if you gave the node data type a machine name of
test you put
- Select your content type
4) Download and Install Conditional Rules Module
Then for action, click on Add IF >> DATA COMPARISON >> test:sticky >> False
Then in IF: Data Comparison row click Add Action >> Send Mail
Then in Conditional row (1st row white) you will now see an Else button, click on it.
Then in Else click on Add Action >> Make Content Unsticky >> test
Now Create a new Rule
1) For action use after content is created
2) Leave the condition empty (no need for condition here)
3) for Action add the scheduled component evaluation and select the
component you just created.
node as your data selector