I just installed Bootstrap 3 theme in Drupal 7, but the subtheme folder is missing. I am new to Drupal and am following online tutorials but no result. All instructions direct me to a sub theme folder in themes>bootstrap> bootstrap-subtheme, but there is no such folder. I removed the theme and reinstalled but still no folder.
Have a look in the
starterkits folder then choose between
For more information, have a look on files within
To start with, you need to choose an Existing Starterkit.
- LESS Starterkit - uses the Bootstrap Framework source files and a local LESS preprocessor. Create a New Sub-theme
Then follow these steps:
- Copy over one of the starterkits you have chosen from the
sites/all/themesor a respective
- Rename the folder to a unique machine readable name. This will be your sub-theme's "name". For this example and future examples we'll use subtheme.
./subtheme/cdn.starterkitor, if using the LESS Starterkit,
./subtheme/less.starterkitto match the folder name and append .
./subtheme/subtheme.infoand change the name, description and any other properties to suite your needs.
WARNING: Ensure that the .starterkit suffix is not present on your sub-theme's .info filename. This suffix is simply a stop gap measure to ensure that the bundled starter kit sub-theme cannot be enabled or used directly. This helps people unfamiliar with Drupal avoid modifying the starter kit sub-theme directly and instead forces them to create a new sub-theme to modify.
Just create the sub-theme folder manually. The folder name you'd use for it will be the machine name of your subtheme.
For more details, refer to:
- "Creating a sub-theme" (= Community documentation that applies to any sub-theme).
- "Sub-theming" (= documentation about sub-theming specific to Drupal's Bootstrap theme).
If you prefer to look at a great (I think) example of a (contributed) Bootstrap sub-theme, then have a look at the Bootstrap Business theme.
Note: the question about "Right way to start with a Bootstrap subtheme?" contains a lot of details to get started with such sub-theme ...