- Drupal site with "Member" and "Spouse" roles.
- For any given married couple, Member and Spouse each have their own user accounts.
- entity reference field from spouse defines the relationship between the 2 users
- an order exists, belonging to Member user (order->uid)
- Regardless of the uid value for order, allow either Member or Spouse to proceed through checkout and payment for the order.
I realize this is not possible through vanilla Drupal Commerce. I'm looking for any ideas that will help me figure out how to implement this via existing Drupal techniques, or a custom module.
- Has anyone achieved this successfully?
- Are the any specific ways (Drupal techniques) that could help solve this?
- What specific hooks or overrides should I be looking at?
Bonus points for elegant workarounds or shortcuts like a simple hook_access override, or a clever way to just-in-time reassign the order uid.