I don’t want to link to the original piece of content (which is a join table) but to the content type which is referenced in the join table.
Using: Views, Entity Reference, Entity Tokens, Token.
I have these content types:
- Person (firstname, lastname, etc.)
- Story (field_story_title, orig copyright, description, etc.) Note: [content:title] is automatically generated and not used.
And this content type which functions as a join table
- PersonStory (field_personstory_person_id, field_personstory_ story_id, relationship [e.g. author].)
The view has Content: Type (= PersonStory)
Relationships have been created
- Story from field_personstory_story_id
- Person from field_personstory_person_id
The view successfully finds Story Title (field_story_title) and Person Name (using [Global: custom text] in concatenation of field_person_lastname, field_person_firstname, etc).
I created a link:
- Added field [content:path] above Story Title on the field list. Checked "Exclude from Display" and expanded "Rewrite results" and only checked "Use absolute link" for this field.
- Added field field_story_title, expanded "Rewrite results" and checked "Output this field as Link" with the Link path: [path] .
However, clicking the link goes to the record in PersonStory instead of the record in Story. @skorzh suggested that I investigate replacement pattens in the Rewrite results, but I don't see any tokens which connect to the fields in Relationships in the View.
I’ve tried many different patterns and tokens and nothing has worked in details of [field_story_title]. I don't know what the replacement pattern should look like. Is it possible to join replacement patterns? How do I determine what the url should be?
My latest attempt is
[site:url:join:/]/[content-type:name]/[node:field-story-title:name] but it's not working, naturally.
(Entire post has been updated to reflect my current (lack of) progress)