On my local Drupal 8 multisite environment in sites/default/settings.php I have:
$config_directories['staging'] = 'sites/default/config/staging'; $config_directories = array();
Because the default direction for the configuration files
sites/default/files is .gitignored.
Is above correct, or do I have to delete
$config_directories = array(); and put only the first line? How do I have to setup
$config_directories properly so I can version my Configuration with Git?
$config_directories the same in both settings.php for the local site and production environment. In other words; is settings.php the same for the local site and production environment, except the database information?
Acquia Dev Desktop also gives:
$config_directories['sync'] = 'sites/griffioenrotterdam-dev.dd/files/config_CBOBWbcJU487p7Gc5z5e4GPzL6pSuEKQytsN6heKUULhL8ziYY7DUJoAbHI-dUxnFEfpzk0W7Q/sync'
What about that?
My steps to set this all up where:
- I set up a local Drupal 8 multisite environment using Acquia Dev Desktop. All worked fine.
- I have a Git workflow setup
- Now I try to make instances of my local site (clone) for Dev and Prod environments
- With git I pull the Drupal 8 code to my production server
- I adjust settings.php in sites/default/settings.php
- I dumped my local Database using drush
- I import the Database in Database connected to staging (Dev) environment
But when I visit http://staging.griffioenrotterdam.nl/ it doesn’t look good.
--- Update ---
$config_directories['staging'] = 'sites/default/config/staging';
Is from an old Drupal 8 version.
Now you have to use:
$config_directories = array( CONFIG_SYNC_DIRECTORY => './../config/sync', );
But when I go in admin to Reports > Status report > it says:
The ./../config/sync folder does not exist. You may need to set the correct directory at the file system settings page or change the current directory's permissions so that it is writable.