I know views can be used, I have a functioning view which displays the relationship between the content types, using a limited number of fields.
Next I would like the hyperlink to resolve to a display of the contents of a "composite object" which includes a number of content types. What can I use?
Using: Views, Entity Reference, Panels, Page Manager
The first view is a LIST (alphabetical) of story titles, showing Relationships to other content types, as follows:
- Person (firstname, lastname, etc.)
- Story (field_story_title, orig copyright, description, etc.) Note: [content:title] is automatically generated and not used.
- Series (field_series_title, body)
and these content types which are join tables
- PersonStory (field_personstory_person_id, field_personstory_ story_id, relationship [e.g. author])
- StorySeries (field_storyseries_story_id, field_storyseries_series_id, field_storyseries_logical_order)
Person to Story is many to many, Story to Series is many to many.
I would like the hyperlink to resolve to a "page" which shows all of the fields from multiple content types which relate to that one story. This will be quite a lot of data: title, author, copyright, short blurb, synopsis (1K words) and a couple of images. So Views Megarow doesn't feel like an appropriate destination to me.
What are possible methods to show data from multiple content types?