I want to create a complex menu system as described in the following image:
It looks complex but logically it is simple.
- I want to create a block containing Menu items.
- Brief description of image for better understanding: There is a Standard main-menu as with all sites, under that, block is there as scenario-1 and scenario-2, I have just make two copy for better understanding. That block I want to keep in first sidebar. Block has three tier, it is just like M-item(main-menu) -> Its sub-menu items -> Its sub-menu items -> Its sub-menu items (So, it is like Parent -> child -> child -> child)
- Logic: Hence, when user clicks M-item-1(parent, from main-menu) -> The block's first tier should show that main-menu item and its sub menu under that. Now suppose user clicks M-item-1-B(tier-1 item) hence in the tier-2 that item should display its sub-menu and M-item-1-B should be as title of tier-2 and same way if from tier-2 if user clicks M-item-1-B-b, its sub-menu should display as in the Tier-3. In short I want to display - 3-tier of menu items in one block only. Hence my purpose is to make the entire block dynamic. By default each tier's first menu item should show its sub-menu (as shown in the Scenario-1)
- All the menu items which are active should show themselves highlighted (like what comes with any standard menu, when we click that item gets highlighted).
- Path dynamics: Instead of click tier by tier if, I paste the path upto 3rd tier, the block should dynamically detect and show accordingly in the block.
- This block or its all three sections are not drop-down type, it is just normal menu block.
- The menu items is divided into two column as shown in the image block.
What I tried: I tried to achieve by this using the panels module(mini). I choose layout of 3 column and several row. And add the menu in the as content manually and set the visibility as per the path. But this is not a feasible. As you can see for the second tier I have to make the 6X2 panes and for 3rd tied 6X6X2 panes (2 is for 2 columns). This is not at all feasible. I did not try entirely, but i tried to see it, it is working with panel visibility setting.