Here's the scenario:
- I'm selling furniture. I have a chair we'll call Mission Chair.
- The Mission Chair comes in oak or maple, both are priced differently. I have a field in my product
- I have a product display created which references these 2 products
- Customers need to choose 1 of 5 stain colors, but each type of wood has 5 different choices (and they're not the same choices)
- The stain choice is required, but does not affect the price.
In my Product Variation Type, I have a term reference field which is referencing a Wood Species vocabulary.
I assume I would create a term reference field on the line item type where they would make the stain color choice. What I need to figure out is how do I do some kind of contextual filter to only show the stains available for the chosen wood species? (which is a taxonomy term on the chosen product - not the display, the product variation)
Should the stains be child terms in the same vocabulary as the wood species, or should it be a separate vocabulary with an additional term field that references a specific wood species (taxonomy reference, the same vocabulary the product variation uses) for each stain color term, and then filter on that somehow?