I have a current Drupal site that sends out all emails using the HTML template. Users requests, reset password, webform but does not send out approvals in HTML. Anyone have this issue or know a solution?
I believe drupal will only send text emails by default. You will need a module to help you implement HTML emails. I have used Mime Mail in the past to do this.
This is a Mime Mail component module (for use by other modules).
- It permits users to receive HTML email and can be used by other modules. The mail functionality accepts an HTML message body, mime-endcodes it and sends it.
- If the HTML has embedded graphics, these graphics are MIME-encoded and included as a message attachment.
- Adopts your site's style by automatically including your theme's stylesheet files in a themeable HTML message format
- If the recipient's preference is available and they prefer plaintext, the HTML will be converted to plain text and sent as-is. Otherwise, the email will be sent in themeable HTML with a plaintext alternative.
- Allows you to theme messages with a specific mailkey. Converts CSS styles into inline style attributes.
- Provides simple system actions and Rules actions to send HTML email with embedded images and attachments.