Iam facing a strange task. I guess its not possible to solve it, but maybe one of you have an idea! :)
Default way for Responsive Images:
- Create breakpoints.
- Create an image style for each breakpoint.
- Create a mapping, to link the breakpoints with image styles.
- Load the mapping in "Manage Display".
- Images are not directly uploaded to a node.
- Instead, there is an extra content type, named "image". Those images will be referenced in the actually node.
Advantage: Images can be edited at one place, because they are used multiple times, sidewide.
Problem: Drupal doesnt know, where the image will be used later. Is it used in a list, article, slider? And each one of those wants different aspect ratios.
- Because of that, I can't set a mapping in the content type "image".
- The actual node (with the entity reference field) has no option to load mappings. I just can choose "Rendered Entity."
So - please tell me your thoughts. Is that stuff possible in Drupal 8? "Image Widget Crop" is used as well.
Thanks for your time, SuperEngineer 64