I've made an Ubercart store for our schoolwear. We can't do online purchasing because we're not set up for it.
What happens right now is that when someone buys something from the catalog, they have to go to the office to pay for it. Then, the receipts get sent to the class running the store as proof the order has been paid for.
Here's what I'd like to do with our ubercart:
- I create random codes somehow for proof of purchase in the ubercart system. Print them out, and give to the office.
- Customer pays at the office for their item (e.g. a sweatshirt) and receives a random code from the office after purchase.
- Customer goes to the online catalog and places their order (e.g. sweatshirt size, color, etc).
- Customer goes to cart checkout and cannot complete checkout until they type in the random code they got from the office.
- The class running the store gets the order through ubercart, and sees the random code as proof that the order has been paid.
I know it's a dumb system, but it's all we have. Is there a way to generate these random codes and have the customer put theirs in at the checkout?