Localhost site looks different than live site.
Drupal 7.37 > 7.5 (Commons), viewed in Chrome on Mac OS X.
- installed a clone of the website from an outdated repository on my local machine
- reconciled the code differences between the live site and the slightly outdated repository site
- imported a current copy of the database from the live site.
- featurized database configurations
- updated most of the modules as well as Drupal core.
- checked default theme and settings to make sure they are the same between sites
After noticing the problem:
- downloaded theme files into respective locations
- installed stage_file_proxy on local dev to load any files I ignored
From the moment I imported the database, until now, after all updates have been performed, there is a thematic difference between the live site and my local version. (The difference is slight, but annoying.)
- live site is centered and contained, local stretches all the way across in some places but stays left aligned in others
- some fonts are larger on local site
- navigation menu splits itself to a new line early
- live site has blocks on the right, local has one column with blocked content at bottom
Summary of Question
Is this a commonly known problem when certain steps are forgotten and is there another place to address configuration besides in the codebase and the database or is this probably not a theming issue but something else?
Update: I pushed the site up to my remote dev server anyways, to see if the problem was environmental or database and codebase. The remote dev looks perfect. There is definitely an issue with my local dev environment causing this somehow.