I am struggling with a remote drush error since days, and don't find the cause. I already checked the Internet up and down for an answer, but could not find a solution for my problem (here,here and many more):

I have one specific D7 setup that I remotely manage by drush, running Drush 8 on both sides (started with 7 on both sides, and upgraded meanwhile both to 8) My local Drush can do a drush @anysite_in_aliases status and it works, so I assume there is no problem at my local drush. My remote drush can do that as well - if I log in at my remote server and call drush status in the drupal directory, it works.

Only if I call drush @specialsite status I get this:

Drush command terminated abnormally due to an unrecoverable error.                                          [error]

I tried to use --debug on it, the relevant part is:

Drush bootstrap phase : bootstrap_drupal_database() [0.28 sec, 8.04 MB]                                 [bootstrap]
Successfully connected to the Drupal database. [0.28 sec, 8.04 MB]                                      [bootstrap]
Find command files for phase 4 (max=7) [0.28 sec, 8.04 MB]                                                  [debug]
Drush bootstrap phase : bootstrap_drupal_full() [0.28 sec, 8.04 MB]                                     [bootstrap]
Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at                             [warning]
phar:///home/example/bin/drush/includes/output.inc:41) common.inc:705 [1.16 sec, 32.14 MB]
Drush command terminated abnormally due to an unrecoverable error. [1.17 sec, 32.68 MB]                     [error]
End redispatch via drush_invoke_process(). [3.62 sec, 7.99 MB]                                             [notice]

And here I stuck. I know that there must be a whitespace before/after a php tag somewhere, or an error message that is sent before the header. But I can't find out where I can get nearer to the culprit. I've read up and down all the causes for that error - but my problem is: WHAT causes that error??

BTW: I am using Uberspace as server (CentOS 6), already thought maybe is drush called as php-cgi?? How do I check this?

My aliases lines:

$aliases['example.live'] = array(
  'uri' => 'http://example.org',
  'root' => '/var/www/virtual/example/html',
  'remote-host' => 'example.org',
  'remote-user' => 'example',

Could anybody enlighten me?

  • Interesting problem. Are you able to run "drush rq" locally and remotely and compare the output? I see the output that causes "headers already sent" is coming from includes/output.inc Are you capable of editing that file so we can get the output? – hansfn Dec 13 '16 at 16:26
  • aaaaahhhhh. That could be the culprit. I get a The following module is missing from the file system: <em class="placeholder"> ... This is given out at stderr I suppose, and therefore causing that problem. At the remote version this problem does not occur. And yes, I can edit what I want, have full access. But maybe we don't need that any more. – nerdoc Dec 14 '16 at 22:37
  • Nup. Adding the 2 modules that seemed to be missing locally did not do the trick. drush rq now runs without an error, but I still cant do a drush @remote status. drush rq output following ASAP. – nerdoc Dec 14 '16 at 22:40
  • Here is the local output: pastebin.com/3rHnzinf - and here is the remote one: pastebin.com/mrGf3L5F – nerdoc Dec 14 '16 at 23:07
  • I meant the output from drush rq for the same server but run locally (on the remote server) and remotely using a site alias. This is the output from two different machines. – hansfn Dec 15 '16 at 7:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.