We are trying to allow Markdown input on long text fields for certain content types. It is proving difficult. Here is what I have done:
- Installed Markdown filter module.
- Added a new Text Format in Configuration -> Content Authoring -> Text Formats.
- Edited the text fields on our "Lesson Plan" content type so that the user can select "Markdown" text format.
That should be everything I have to do, right?
BUT WAIT -- number 2 above is giving me very strange behavior!
- In my "Markdown" text format configuration page, I can't see the Markdown option unless I first clear all the caches while I am on that page.
- After I have cleared the cache, the Markdown checkbox shows up, and I can select it.
- But after hitting "Save Configuration", the option disappears, and none of my content formats correctly when I try to select the Markdown text format.
Why is this happening? I don't know where to start looking!