I wonder if somebody found a solution for the following issue related to Drupal 8 development with Git branches:
- You work on a new feature in a local feature branch
- for that you activate a contributed module or you write a custom module. This maybe delivers an own entity type and therefore creates a table after installing
- Meanwhile you need to fix a bug -> you change to a newly created bugfix branch which starts from the current dev branch
- After checking out the bugfix branch you import the current configurations to have the current active configuration of the branch -> the module you installed in feature branch is not activated anymore, the files of this module do not exist in the current bugfix branch
- You do your bugfixing and merge ths bugfix branch into develop branch.
- you change to your feature branch. To bring your local Drupal project to the status of this branch again you will import the configurations again
And here it comes to an exception: the table already exists in your database. When doing a drush cim it stops every following processing and you need to restart drush cim to import any further configurations.
Who does work with different feature branches and found a solution during development process to deal with this kind of situation?