I know this question was asked so many times but I read all the answers and I didn't find any solution working for me, so I'm looking for help. I have done the following to try resolve it:
- Checked if the site address is set up properly
Downloaded the SMTP module
- Configured the module to my Gmail account
- I was getting the unable to send email error here unless I checked the "Send mail by queue box (I am not sure what this does, but the error message disappeared.)
- When I send a test email to my Gmail address I'm not getting it (I checked spam and it's not there)
I have then moved on and downloaded the phpmailer library and extracted it into my sites/all/libraries folder (I even tried putting it in the smtp folder as I read about that somewhere) but still not working
- I configured the phpmailer with my smtp module and when I tried to send a test email from phpmailer I'm not receiving that either.
I checked emails are sent when a user registers or forgets the password, and emails aren't sent in those cases either. Drupal is not sending out emails.
I then moved on to check my logs and all the attempts are in red:
I am new to Drupal; I am not sure what they mean.
Is there anything else I can try?
This is just a test site so I have it on my localhost.
When I click on the error this is the information that is showing: