I am new to drupal. Trying to understand the possibilities of drupal, I have installed drupal8 and followed some tutorials to create a site with a custom theme, custom modules and custom blocks. So far so good.
Now I have this first test site working (installation in public_html), I wanted to create a second site, served by the same installation. I want to try and make a drupal8 version of an existing site of my company.
Following more tutorials, I have tried several things, but I am unable to get it working. I did the following:
- my first site's URL is http://localhost, I tried to get the url http://localhost/owtest working
- In public_html I have created a symlink with name owtest
- In sites/ I created a directory owtest, containing a settings.php and an empty directory files/
- I created a database for the new site. The first site's database name was 'DRUPAL' with user 'DRUPAL', for the new site I created database 'OW' with the same user.
- in owtest/settings.php, I changed the database name to OW
- I ran update.php, thereby clearing the cashes.
If I now go to 'localhost/owtest', it looks the same as the 'localhost' site; if I add content to the site, the same content appears to the 'localhost' site. It seems the new site does not use the new database.
Clearly, I am missing a required step. Who can help me in getting this to work? My sites/owtest/setting.php now contains
$databases['default']['default'] = array ( 'database' => 'OW', 'username' => 'drupal', 'password' => 'drupal', 'prefix' => '', 'host' => 'localhost', 'port' => '3306', 'namespace' => 'Drupal\\Core\\Database\\Driver\\mysql', 'driver' => 'mysql', );
thanks for helping me, Ruud