I'm recently getting the error below:
HTTP error 0 occurred when trying to fetch https://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/captcha-7.x-1.5.tar.gz. Downloading updates failed:
Failed to download captcha from https://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/captcha-7.x-1.5.tar.gz
I'm running my website on a shared platform, so I can't change the parameters of PHP...
Based on this long thread drupal dot org/node/247009 I have already tried several many potential solution with no luck so far. This is what I tried and it did not work:
- gave 777 recursive permissions to tmp and site/default/
- tried on different browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome)
- in jquery update module I changed the jquery default version to 1.10
- I set the jquery source from google, and I set the jquery to non-minified
- I checked and in settings.php I do not have any base url set
- the file which failes to be downloaded is very small in size 103KB, so I guess it's not about uploading to large files
- I checked my PHP version and it did not change recently it;s 5.3.29
- I also checked the PHP memory limit and it's set to 256MB which to me it's not that low for uploading a 103KB file
- I I tried the update of a different module, and I get the same error
What could be the problem? Where to look next?