First I created an alias for an entity type like this:
which worked fine. After a while I decided to delete all aliases and created a new pattern, and bulk generated all aliases.
However, drupal still converts menu links (with internal path) as well as links in views (linkto content) using the old pattern project/[project_type]/[id]
- I have cleared cache of the site,
- I have cleared the views cache,
- I have re-saved all entities, I have checked the alias list, the aliases pattern that drupal uses is not present in the list, the new alias patterns are present.
In some way, drupal still uses this phantom-pattern which is cached somewhere apparently. It refuses to use the new alias pattern for converting links.
The new alias patterns do work for manually created links that correspond with the new pattern. Just the automatic conversion from internal path to alias path does not work, it does use the new alias but an already deleted alias.