I am looking for a module or some kind of workaround e.g. involving Rules, that will allow anonymous users to subscribe to new comments on nodes they have created. My user scenario is as follows:
- An anonymous user wants to post a new forum topic
- She clicks on the “Add new forum topic” button
- On the URL node/add/forumtopic she is presented by the usual form
- On the form there is an email field with a check box underneath with the label “I would like to receive an email when comments are posted to my thread”
- She types in her email and marks the checkbox - yes, she would like to have email notifications
- She submits the form and when a comment is posted in her thread, she gets a notification email with a link to the comment and a link that allows her to unsubscribe from the thread.
I have installed Comment Notify that offers the desired functionality - but only on comments, not on nodes.
I have tried installing Watcher, but it is early in development and still seems pretty buggy.
This seems to me like a very common scenario - what would be the recommended way of implementing this feature? Any help is very appreciated.