I am setting up a new development environment on a local machine and am using AMPPS. I have installed Drush using Homebrew and am running a Mac (OS X 10.12.5 Sierra).
I have successfully installed a fresh Drupal site in my development environment. When I attempt to run a drush command, I get the Drush status along with the classic bootstrap/jailed shell message:
Command pm-list needs a higher bootstrap level to run - you will need to invoke drush from a more functional Drupal[error] environment to run this command. The drush command 'pm-list' could not be executed. [error] Drush was not able to start (bootstrap) the Drupal database. [error] Hint: This may occur when Drush is trying to: * bootstrap a site that has not been installed or does not have a configured database. In this case you can select another site with a working database setup by specifying the URI to use with the --uri parameter on the command line. See `drush topic docs-aliases` for details. * connect the database through a socket. The socket file may be wrong or the php-cli may have no access to it in a jailed shell. See http://drupal.org/node/1428638 for details.
Here is the output of
Drush was attempting to connect to: Drupal version : 7.54 Site URI : http://default Database driver : mysql Database hostname : localhost Database port : Database username : myuser Database name : drupal PHP executable : /Applications/AMPPS/php-5.6/bin/php PHP configuration : /Applications/AMPPS/php-5.6/etc/php.ini PHP OS : Darwin Drush script : /usr/local/Cellar/drush/8.1.15/libexec/drush.php Drush version : 8.1.15 Drush temp directory : /tmp Drush configuration : Drush alias files : Drupal root : /Applications/AMPPS/www/drupal/docroot Drupal Settings File : sites/default/settings.php Site path : sites/default
- I have tried changing localhost to 127.0.0.1 in
sites/default/settings.phpand restarting the server
- I added the path to drush to php via
- I am executing the command within the docroot of the drupal installation
- I do not have a
- symlink in
/usr/local/binfor PHP goes to Homebrew's instead of AMPPS's but it's for version 7.1.10 and I'm using PHP 5.6
There are a lot of posts on this with slightly different details or environments and I'm having no luck deriving a solution from those so I thought I would post my issue with the specific scenario.
I mostly used these instructions: https://www.drupal.org/node/954766