Is it possible to upgrade Drupal from 8.3.7 to 8.4 without Drush or Composer?
Even though I have used composer I am not comfortable with using terminal/console command lines operations. So far used composer to install and remove modules. That's about it.
Looked at manual update options. There are no instructions yet for this method. https://www.drupal.org/docs/8/update/update-core-manually-via-gui-option-1
This is what I am planning on doing.
Download and extract Drupal 8.4 zip.
- Backup database through PHPMyAdmin and website before proceeding.
- Put site in maintenance mode by going to configuration -> maintenance mode
- Remove ‘core’ and ‘vendor’ directory project dir.
- Upload the core directory from the Drupal 8.4 version downloaded.
- Upload .htaccess,composer.lock and composer.json files from the downloaded Drupal to project.
- Upload vendor directory from the download Drupal version to your project.
- Go to site.com/update
Am I missing something? Or should I figure out the composer route?