0

I created a Drupal website some years ago and everything was working well until now.

But since yesterday (when the client came back to me), the Pathauto module is now replacing all accented characters by quoting marks in URL aliases.

For example for this node, the URL alias was correct and it was updated.

enter image description here

But now, if I check the option "Generate automatic URL alias", then the "é" character is replaced by ??, as you can see there.

enter image description here

Any idea why this is occurring? How can I fix that?

  • Which Drupal version? A possible fix for Drupal 7 might be the transliteration module. It integrates with pathauto and can automatically convert paths into 'regular letters' (turning mélanie into melanie). – Neograph734 Feb 6 '18 at 21:58
  • Thank you @Neograph734, I will check. But it's pretty curious why everything was working well until this week and now it doesn't work anymore. – 118218 Feb 8 '18 at 19:27
  • I absolutely agree with you, but any update of drupal (modules) or server software could have something to do with this. Without knowing what you did with your site and server, there is no way for us to tell what could be the root of this. – Neograph734 Feb 8 '18 at 19:30

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.