0

I have a Drupal starter site created and pushed to bitbucket. For every new project I start I clone this site and start working from there. It worked for a while but I'm trying to get it to work for a new site and I can't.

The Drupal starter is running Drupal 8.5.3 and I am using Drush 9 on my machine. To get the clone to work I do the following:

git clone https://example@bitbucket.org/example/[repo].git

git checkout dev (my working branch)

composer install

cd web (drupal root)

drush site-install standard --db-url=mysql://{db_usr}:{db_pass}@localhost/{db_name} --config-dir=../config/sync

After the install the configuration is imported automatically and that is where it is going wrong. I get the following error:

[error] Drupal\Core\Config\ConfigImporterException: There were errors validating the config synchronization. in Drupal\Core\Config\ConfigImporter->validate() (line 736 of /web/core/lib/Drupal/Core/Config/ConfigImporter.php). [error] The import failed due to the following reasons: Unable to install the <em class="placeholder">standard</em> module since it does not exist. Unable to uninstall the <em class="placeholder">Minimal</em> profile since it is the install profile. Cannot change the install profile from <em class="placeholder">minimal</em> to <em class="placeholder">standard</em> once Drupal is installed.

So looking in to this error I find the following thread #278877. But this patch doesn't seem to work for me.

What I tried is to install the site, after the composer install, via the browser. And for some reason this does work.

I know I can do it via the browser from now on, but I really want to know what is going wrong. I prefer to use command-line over the browser.

Something else I noticed is that in the settings.php file, after installation, there is a line with $settings['install_profile'] the value of this setting is 'minimal' when using the drush site-install even when I'm saying it should use the standard option. When I use the installation via the browser the value is 'standard' and for this reason does work.

I tried changing the settings.php from minimal to standard manually. And tried changing the core.extensions config file as mentioned in some other threads I found but nothing works. Bij core.extensions file is not the problem I think both the standard: 1000 and profile: standard are there.

Am I doing something wrong? Has something changed since drupal 8.5 or drush 9 (instead of drush 8 - I just updated)? Or is this a bug?

  • Can you confirm the site you setup via browser install standard profile and not minimal profile? – sorabh.v6 May 11 '18 at 7:14
  • Yes via Browser I choose standard. – Joost May 11 '18 at 7:31
  • Can you confirm that there is standard profile path in the "installer-paths" section of the composer.json – sorabh.v6 May 11 '18 at 8:37
  • No, this is all there is: "web/core": ["type:drupal-core"],"web/libraries/{$name}": ["type:drupal-library"],"web/modules/contrib/{$name}": ["type:drupal-module"],"web/profiles/contrib/{$name}": ["type:drupal-profile"],"web/themes/contrib/{$name}": ["type:drupal-theme"],"drush/contrib/{$name}": ["type:drupal-drush"] – Joost May 11 '18 at 11:15
  • I think the change is drupal.org/node/2538996 Not 100% sure why it isn't working for you. – sorabh.v6 May 11 '18 at 13:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.