I working on my first Drupal 8 site, and I heard 3 rules about Content Types:
- More than 5 content types is too much
- When content are similar (news, articles) is better to do one content type
- Do not store data in taxonomy
My content on site look similar to that:
Editorial (title, description, author, contents, image, publish date, tags, category) :
- Review (summary, ratings)
- Deal (link)
- Contest (regulations, prizes, tasks)
- Video (link instead of contents)
- Anime Reviews (generated by users)
- [and more]
Editorial have common fields, and some sub-types have additional fields. Anime have its own field, including Studio and Characters, which should have own fields (name, description etc).
And I'm lost, and researches don't give any results. There is my thoughts:
- All as content types ;)
- Editorial as content type, sub-types as drop down field, which change other fields. There is some solution for that ?
- Anime as content-type, Characters and Studios as Vocabulary.
- Anime Reviews are like comments with rating. Maybe add this like comment type ?
How to setup that kind of structure with the best performance ?