We're looking to manage our install of Drupal 7 with CVS (sadly Git and SVN are out). Do you have any pointer for things to think about when setting up the repositories?
Our lay of the land is as follows:
- Our staff include UI developers, back-end developers , administrators, and DBAs.
- For starting, we're going to install various modules (e.g. Domain, LDAP, Workflow, and Views). We'll write some custom modules down the road. We're also looking for implementing our own look and feel.
- We have Dev, Test/QA, and Production instances of Drupal. The flow of code and configurations will be from Dev to Test/QA to Production (with some looping between Dev and Test).
- We'll have top level domains and several subdomains.
- We're on RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.5, MySQL 5.x and Apache 2.x.
What are the ways of managing changes that have worked for you?